We are looking for an experienced professional to join our group as head of chartering. As head of chartering, you will lead the existing chartering desk and extend support to our expanding number of traders.
- Lead existing chartering team to ensure the desk performance is maximized.
- Develop and implement the chartering strategies and policies to support the traders working in group’s trading desk.
- Review and improve the existing chartering process
- Make commercial negotiations and decisions as per company policy
- Manage time charter and voyage chartered vessels for in-house dry bulk cargo.
- Build good relationship with vessel owners, charterers, brokers, receivers, traders, and agents
- Degree in Marine Studies / Shipping Operations or related discipline
- 10 years experience working as GM Chartering / Chartering team head in a Dry Bulk cargo I/E Trading company.
- Working experience in MNC is preferred
- Hands on experience handling dry bulk cargo & good market network
- In-depth understanding of international logistics and all type of charter party terms for dry bulk cargo.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good in written & spoken English.
- Chinese and Putonghua knowledge preferred.
- Dynamic, aggressive and strong leadership.
- Willing to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Willing to travel.